Friday, October 20, 2017

A Spell for the Waxing Moon


The feminine fluidity of the pull of the moon can lend extra power to your spells. Work with the waxing moon for spells of growth and for new beginnings.  Use the full moon for binding spells and any type of spell you want to make stronger, and use the waning moon for spells of letting go.

What do you want to begin in the New Year? As you know, I like to use this time of year to prepare for the New Year and the winter. With so much time spent indoors in the winter, I usually use the time to develop my skills of all kinds. I study, not only pagan subjects of course, but also jewelry making, art, and writing. When it’s time, I want to have everything in place to help me get the most out of this time. One way to do this is to use the moon phases leading up to Samhain for your preparation.

This spell is for new beginnings. I’ve used this spell on both the waxing moon before Halloween, and on the one after. To me, doing it beforehand helps me prepare for the letting go of the waning moon. It can be easier to put the past behind you when you have the future planned.

You will need:

    1 White candle
    1 Gold candle
    1 Green or purple candle (both of these attract success, but you will most likely want to use the color of candle that most closely aligns with your goals
    Essential oil based on your goals


Your choices of candles and oils will depend on your intentions. What you want to begin will determine which oils you will use. For example, peppermint aids healing and brings positive momentum in your life. Sandalwood heightens psychic abilities & spiritual levels. Tea Tree oil helps eliminate confusion and overcome challenges.

Once you have chosen your candles and oils, set up your altar. For this spell, I simply call the elements as a part of casting my circle, so I don’t set up all five altars, just the center one. Write your intentions on the paper. What do you want to do with the New Year?

Once you have anointed your candles, and have everything where you want it, sit, stand, or kneel in front of your altar, clear your mind and meditate about what you want to do in the New Year. Write your intention on the paper.

Light the white candle while saying

Mother moon I call you near
Guide my path through all fear
I begin the new and hold it dear
Aid my journey and bring me clear

Light the gold candle while saying

Father Sun draw near to me
Aid my goal and set me free
I challenge the old and begin anew
Trusting you to see me through

Light the green or purple candle, and burn the paper while saying

I take these goals and make them mine
As with this flame, my goals align
The goals I seek now fly to me
As my will, so mote it be

Meditate on your intentions and hold them as a pure intention as long as you can. Then ground and release the energy, and close your circle.



No comments:

Post a Comment