Friday, September 15, 2017

A Spell for Balance and Harmony



Next Friday is the Autumnal equinox, the day when day and night are of equal length, and we switch from the growing part of the year to the part of the year for storing and studying. Depending on the deities you follow, you may see this as Persephone returning to Hades for the winter before she returns to Olympus in the spring, or as has more recently come to be associated with the equinox, the imprisonment and freedom of Mabon, son of Modon. However, regardless of which deities you associate with the equinox, it is a time of change and a time of balance.

The spells normally cast during Mabon are for protection, prosperity, security, self-confidence, or for harmony and balance. This week we’ll look at a spell for harmony and balance that you can use whether you simply want to make your home a more inviting and pleasant place to be, or you have issues with a relationship of some sort, a spell for harmony and balance can help you.

I do this spell in two parts. First, I lay out a tarot spread. The spread I use depends on where in my life I want to focus, and if you choose to use this step, you will need to choose the deck that suits your needs best. Tarot helps me know which areas need work the most. I use the Motherpeace deck, but any set you're comfortable with will work.

Smudging beforehand can help you clear negativity in your space, allowing you to focus your energy on creating the harmony and balance you desire.

For this spell, I use music to set the mood and to help me ground. I’m new to the singing bowl, so that’s what I’m using right now because they fascinate me, and the sound is so beautiful and soothing, but you can use, drums, nature sounds, harp music, or whatever works for you. When you do the spell, it becomes your spell, and the more attuned you are to the sounds, or any portion of the spell, the more powerful the spell.




You will need:
Almond oil (or some sort of carrier oil)

Pour 2 tbsp. of your carrier oil into your bowl. Use an eyedropper to put three drops of each of the oils into the carrier oil.  Blend the oils with a wooden spoon while saying,

Nature’s balance
Comes to pass
As sands flow through
The hourglass

Anoint your candles, and as you light them, say,

Seeds grow to plants
And bless us with their worth
Until their spent stalks
Return to Mother Earth

Focus on the flame of the candle, and bring the resolution you desire into your mind. Say

Show me the balance
Help me find a way
To live in peace and harmony
Every mortal day

Settle into the music and hold the pure picture of it in your mind for as long as you can with no interference or doubt. Once you finish, focus again on the candle and say,

Balance and harmony flow to me
As my will, so mote it be


Slowly release the energy you have raised and release your circle if you used one. This spell doesn’t really require one, but you will do what works best for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment